Wildflower Century FAQ
- How do I get to the Creston?
- From the North and South, take Highway 101 to Atascadero
Exit at Highway 41 and travel East from Atascadero about 11 miles
From the East, take Highway 41 West at Shandon about 15 miles
From Highway 41, turn South on Highway 229/Webster Road for 1 mile to Creston.
Check-In at the Creston Elementary School
- When can we check-in?
- Friday from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Saturday from 6:30 AM to 9:00 AM
- Can someone else check-in for me?
- No, all riders must check-in in person and show a photo ID.
- When do I receive my registration materials and any clothing I ordered?
- When you check-in for the ride. If you do not attend the ride, your clothing will be mailed to you.
Note: Try on clothing when you pick it up to make sure it fits correctly. It can be exchanged at clothing sales for another size if we have it in stock.
- What is the Parking situation in Creston?
- There is very limited parking within the small town of Creston and no parking at the school grounds (the check in location). There will be parking at the rodeo grounds on the left as you enter Creston. Once the rodeo grounds are full, there is parking along Highway 229 as you approach Creston. We encourage you to use car pooling as much as possible. Wherever you park, be sure to be off the roadway pavement.
- How do I find area motels and hotels?
- Make your reservations early. San Luis Obispo County motels and hotels often sell out. Contact the Chamber of Commerce of one of the nearby cities for more information. Note that Paso Robles hotels will likely be filled by people taking part in Eroica California that is scheduled for Sunday, April 9, 2017.
City Distance Chamber of Commerce San Luis Obispo 30 Miles 805-781-2777 Morro Bay 31 Miles 805-772-4467 Cayucos 36 Miles 805-995-1200 Atascadero 13 Miles 805-466-2044 Cambria 42 Miles 805-927-3624 Templeton 18 Miles 805-434-1789 Paso Robles 24 Miles 805-238-0506
- Are there options for camping in Creston?
- There will be self-contained RV camping available on a first-come first-served basis at the new Creston Community Center. Call Bruce Hebron of the Creston Volunteer Firefighters' Association at 805-238-1662 for information.
There will be tent camping on the Creston Elementary School grounds and limited RV camping on paved surfaces. Call Chris St. Clair, Secretary/Registrar at 805-238-4771 for information.
- What is the weather like?
- The weather is usually cold in the morning, but it can turn hot. If you have weather concerns, please refer to your local television or Internet weather forecast (ZIP code = 93432). The ride will be held rain or shine.
- What is the Spaghetti Feed?
- Price: $12.00 (adults), $5.00 (children under 9) purchased at the door
- Date: Friday, April 7, 2017
- Time: 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- Location: Creston Community Center
- Wine and beer available for purchase
- Meat and vegetarian spaghetti sauces!
- What drinks and food are provided at rest stops?
- The food and drinks at each rest stop are selected to both nourish the body and taste great as you ride the course. This means that there is no "Lunch" stop. Instead, every stop has an appropriate selection of carbs and protein from which you can choose what you need.
Drinks will include Fluid sports drink, fresh lemonade and water with coffee at the first stop. Standard rest stop food will include such things as locally made cookies, bagels, bananas, oranges, nuts, PP&J sandwiches and hard boiled eggs. This will be expanded with unique additions at each rest stop to support rider needs and provide variety.
- What is the Post-Ride BBQ menu?
- The menu includes barbecued chicken, salad and dessert. Drinks will include sodas and water with local beer and wine available for purchase. Enjoy live music from 1:00 to 4:30 PM.
- When is the BBQ open?
- BBQ is served between Noon and 5:30 p.m..
- Can I purchase additional post-ride BBQ tickets?
- Extra post-ride BBQ tickets for non-riders can be purchased at the event for $12.00.
- When can we start riding?
- The Wildflower Century uses a stagged start:
Century, 75 Mile and Metric Century riders: Start before 8:00 a.m.
45 Mile riders: Start after 8:00 and before 9:30 a.m.
If you start early, you will find the rest stops closed. Rest Stop opening times are based on riders averaging less than 15 mph.
- When does the course close?
- The course closes at 5:00 PM.
Riders who cannot complete the course by 5:00 p.m. will be offered a SAG ride to the start and will be on their own if they turn this down. Rest stops close based on riders being on schedule to complete the course by 5:00 p.m.
- How do I check to see if something I lost was found?
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide a description of the item and your address. We will respond as soon as possible.
- Where can I find the photos that were taken during the ride?
- Go to PhotoCrazy to find your event photos.
Friday night you can take part in a pre-ride carb load-up at the annual Spaghetti Feed put on by the community to benefit the Creston Women's Club Scholarship Fund.