Date: September 24, 2016
Location: Morro Bay, California
Registration Fee: $75
The Lighthouse Century offers three routes that all travel along the coast past San Simeon with the two longer routes including climbs into the coastal hills. Senic vistas of the central coast shoreline make this a beautiful ride. This classic ride sells out every year, so reserve your place now.
Lighthouse Century Routes
|Routes||GPS||PDF (in new window)|
|Century Route: 100 mi||Century GPS||Century PDF|
|Old Creek Route: 85 mi||Old Creek GPS||Old Creek PDF|
|Coastal Route: 65 mi||Coastal GPS||Coastal PDF|
Lighthouse Century Highlights
- Beautiful views of the ocean and coastal hills
- Que & Map sheet
- Rest Stops well stocked with good food including organic choices
- Robust SAG support
- Bike Mechanic at Start and Midpoint
- Enthusiastic and friendly volunteers
- Post-Ride BBQ for registered riders featuring cobbler & ice cream. Tickets available at BBQ for non-riders ($10) (Fundraiser for Morro Bay High School Athletic Boosters).
- Ride patches and wristbands for registered riders
- Your event fee makes possible our annual Donations of over $75,000 to local cycling organizations and events and the communities that make our rides possible.
- Opportunity to purchase Lighthouse Clothing. This year's clothing features the Hearst Castle Zebras often seen by riders on Highway 1.
- Event Photography by PhotoCrazy (opens in new window)
- Opportunity to take part in Savor the Central Coast (opens in new window), September 24 thru 27, 2015.
Lighthouse Century Safety
- Approved helmets are required to be worn by all riders. NO HELMET, NO RIDE!
- All minors must be accompanied by an adult
- All riders are expected to follow Safe Cycling Best Practices
- Rear-view mirrors to monitor overtaking vehicles and cyclists are encouraged. (California law requires that cyclists move right as practicable to allow vehicles to pass.)
- Use the wide shoulders available on most roads
- Portable audio devices using ear pieces are discouraged. (California law mandates that ear pieces be used in only one ear.)