San Luis Obispo Bicycle Club
The SLOBC, organized in 1971, is a non-profit organization that promotes safe and legal bicycle riding for recreation and transportation. We are several hundred strong of all ages who love bicycling and enjoy the company of like-minded people as we explore the hundreds of miles of picturesque roads and byways along the beautiful Central Coast and nearby coastal hills, vineyards and Morros.
We invite you to come to our monthly meeting and explore this website for information about our club and its activities.
Upcoming Events & Announcements
Bob Garing Service Award Nomination
In 2001, the club presented Bob Garing the first SLOB Bob Garing Service Award "In recognition of many years of unselfish service to the San Luis Obispo Bicycle Club."
Each year we invite club members to nominate people whom they feel deserve this award. Submit names to committee members Stu and Janie Goldenberg, John Rogers, Bruce Collier, Joan Petersen, Red and Gail Davis, Tim and Shelley Long, Frank Mullin, Dale and Sharon Sutliff, Glenn and Gail Vanderlinde or Dave Abrecht, all past recipients, no later than March 31st, 2014. The committee will evaluate nominees and notify the board.
When deciding whether you want to submit a nomination, consider the following characteristics that Bob Garing demonstrated over the years:
- Continuing service over a long period of time (core requirement)
- Service to the club as an officer, volunteer, leader or other ways (core requirement)
- Advocacy of bicycle transportation, facilities and safe riding
- Service to the bicycling community and community at large
- Significant leadership on club rides
- Working for improved bicycle conditions
- Mentoring through advice, education and leadership
- Role model for using the bicycle as a mode of transportation
Wildflower Century Volunteers Needed
We are still looking for club members to volunteer for the remaining open Wildflower Century jobs. Use the following process or email email@example.com for assistance.
- Login into the Members Only website (opens in a new window)
- Click on the Volunteer tab
- A list of the open jobs will appear in the "Add" drop-down menu.
- Job descriptions can be found at the Century Job Descriptions web page.
- Complete the Volunteer Form:
- Select your name from the "Select Family Member" drop-down menu if it is not visible
- Select the desired job from the "Add" drop-down menu (choices not visible are already full)
- Select your T-Shirt style and size from the T-Shirt Choice drop-down menu
- Select if want to attend the Volunteer Brunch from the "Brunch Choice" drop-down menu (leave it blank if you are not attending). It is important that you cancel of you cannot attend because the club will be charged $35 for each no-show—a reservation MADE is a reservation PAID.
- Enter any "Brunch Guests Names" The cost for a guest to attend is $35 payable at the door
- Choose a "Pre-ride Route" from the drop-down menu if you plan to ride
- Click on the Save button to complete and save your choices.
- Return to the form at any time to change or update your choices.