San Luis Obispo Bicycle Club
The SLOBC, organized in 1971, is a non-profit organization that promotes safe and legal bicycle riding for recreation and transportation. We are several hundred strong of all ages who love bicycling and enjoy the company of like-minded people as we explore the hundreds of miles of picturesque roads and byways along the beautiful Central Coast and nearby coastal hills, vineyards and Morros.
We invite you to come to our monthly meeting and explore this website for information about our club and its activities.
News, Notes & Events
SLOBC Photo Contest
The San Luis Obispo Bicycle Club is offering club members an opportunity to participate in the first annual SLOBC Still Photo Contest. This contest is open all club members.
Submittal Deadline: October 31, 2014
- Any photo taken on a biking outing anytime prior to the submittal deadline is eligible.
- A member may submit up to 3 photos
- Photos must be submitted as JPEG files
Attach each photo to a separate email addressed to SLOBikePhoto@yahoo.com (the email address is case sensitive).
Include the following for each photo:
- Photographer's Name
- Photographer's Email Address
- Photographer's Phone Number
- Description of photo including where and approximately when the photo was taken.
- Photos taken within SLO County
- Photos taken outside of SLO County
- Technical Quality
- Artistic Quality
- Biking Content
Judging will take place in November and winners will be announced at the December 4th Potluck Dinner.
Submitted photos may be used by the San Luis Obispo Bicycle Club in its website, newsletter and other venues.
Email questions to Don Thomas at
Circumnavigating the Rockies
Gary Havas and Michael Gille are on a tour that will circumvent the rockies. They began on June 18, 2014 from San Luis Obispo, CA and will return in early October. You can follow them at the Circumnavigation of the Rockies 2014 blog.
Cycling to Alaska
Vickie Backman is biking from Montana to Alaska with Adventure Cycling...on a bent. You can follow her at the Bent on Reaching Alaska! blog.
Lighthouse Century Volunteers Needed
It is time to volunteer for the Lighthose Century. Use the following process or email the Volunteer Coordinator for assistance.
- Login into the Members Only website (opens in a new window)
- Click on the Volunteer tab
- A list of the open jobs will appear in the "Add" drop-down menu.
- Job descriptions can be found at the Century Job Descriptions web page.
- Complete the Volunteer Form:
- Select your name from the "Select Family Member" drop-down menu if it is not visible
- Select the desired job from the "Add" drop-down menu (choices not visible are already full)
- Select your T-Shirt style and size from the T-Shirt Choice drop-down menu
- Select if want to attend the Volunteer Brunch from the "Brunch Choice" drop-down menu (leave it blank if you are not attending). It is important that you cancel of you cannot attend because the club will be charged $35 for each no-show—a reservation MADE is a reservation PAID.
- Enter any "Brunch Guests Names" The cost for a guest to attend is $35 payable at the door
- Choose a "Pre-ride Route" from the drop-down menu if you plan to ride
- Click on the Save button to complete and save your choices.
- Return to the form at any time to change or update your choices.