Other Job Descriptions
Maintain the SLOBC public and member websites.
- Involve others in the development, maintenance and updating of the sites
- Maintain the underlying HTML, CSS, Java Script, etc. code for the websites
- Add content and update pages as needed, appropriate or requested:
Monthly ride calendar and newsletter
Wildflower and Lighthouse
- Maintain the club membership database
- Send emails as appropriate to all club members
- Send announcements to our notification database informing them about century registration
David Cox, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Administer and moderate the slobc.org blog web page.
- Add and remove members to the list of blog content creators
- Add content to the blog
Constant Contact Administrator
Will Benedict, Email: email@example.com
Administer the Constant Contact account.
- Add and remove members to the list of content creators: Newsletter Editor, Clothing Coordinator
- Assist content creators in designing their communications
- Create emails and surveys as requested by the SLOBC Board
Will Benedict, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Administer and moderate the slobc.org Facebook page.
- Add and remove members to the list of Facebook content creators
- Add content to the Facebook page
Will Benedict, Email: email@example.com
Administer and moderate the slobc.org Instagram page.
- Add content to the instagram page
Email Groups Moderator
Will Benedict: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Administer and moderate SLOBC email groups that permit broadcasting email messages to the members of the group.
- Add, edit and delete the yahoo group account for each group
- Assist members to join or quit the groups
- Moderate the group to limit membership to club members and ensure appropriate usage
Frank Mullin, Email: email@example.com
Monitor the SLOBC email address.
- Read and respond to or forward messages sent to the SLOBC email address
Will Benedict: Phone: 805-543-5973
Monitor the SLOBC phone.
- Answer and respond to calls received on the SLOBC phone
- Direct callers to other club contacts as appropriate
- Change message on the phone as appropriate
- Give the phone to another club member when on vacation or unavailable
Recruit members to serve on the board.
- Work with the current board to recruit members to serve on the next year's board
Volunteer of the Month
Kathleen McHugh, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recognize SLOBC members whose volunteering deserves recognition for its "over and above" service to the club.
- Solicit and provide ways for club members to submit nominations
- Select a recipient from the nominations each month except January. The President's awards will be highlighted in the newsletter in January by others.
- Prepare a writeup of the selected volunteer
- Take or attain a photo of the volunteer
- Submit the writeup and photo to the newsletter editor
- Purchase and deliver a gift certificate to the member
Will Benedict, Email: email@example.com
To oversee the design and production of clothing (e.g., jerseys, T-shirts) and promotional items (e.g., patches) for the Wildflower and Lighthouse Centuries and other club needs (e.g., membership, special events, etc.).
- Shall be appointed by the President in consultation with the Board, and should make all reasonable efforts to allow the appointment of a successor at least ten months prior to the next Wildflower or Lighthouse ride.
- May solicit other club members to assist in carrying out the position’s assigned duties.
- Oversee the solicitation, selection, design, ordering, production, and delivery of all cycling clothing, t-shirts and promotional items needed by the club.
- Establish a common format and requirements for the creation and presentation of jersey design alternatives
- Provide members an opportunity to vote on jersey design alternatives
- Work with the designer of the preferred alternative to prepare the design for submittal to Voler.
- Develop or oversee the development of Wildflower and Lighthouse Century T-shirt and promotional items (e.g., patch) to reflect the essence of the selected jersey design.
- Oversee the management of clothing purchased through the Members website. Go to Clothing Management for process notes.
|First Call for Jersey Design||June 15th for July publications|
|Call for Jersey Designs||Announce at July Meeting|
|Second Call for Jersey Designs||July 15th for August publications|
|Call for Jersey Designs||Announce at August Meeting|
|Jersey Design Deadline||September 1|
|Alternative Artwork Completed||September 7|
|Member Preference Survey Opened||September 15|
|Member Preference Survey Closed||September 22|
|Rider Preference Survey||During Lighthouse|
|Results Announced or Vote Held||Lighthouse Volunteer Brunch|
|Chosen Design Developed||December 15th|
|T-Shirt Designed||December 15th|
|Images for Publication||December 15th|
|Clothing Orders Closed & Numbers Provided||February 1|
|Jersey & T-Shirt Orders Placed (50% Deposit)||February 5|
|Patch Designed & Ordered||February 15|
|Jersey & T-Shirt Delivery Deadline||By April 6|
|Deliver Jerseys and T-Shirts to Bagging||By April 6|
|Bring Patches and Old Wildflower Clothing to Wildflower||Wildflower Clothing Sales|
|First Call for Jersey Design||January 15th for February publications|
|Call for Jersey Designs||Announce at February Meeting|
|Second Call for Jersey Designs||February 15th for March publications|
|Call for Jersey Designs||Announce at March Meeting|
|Jersey Design Deadline||April 1|
|Alternative Artwork Completed||April 7|
|Member Preference Survey Opened||April 15|
|Member Preference Survey Closed||April 22|
|Rider Preference Survey||During Wildflower|
|Results Announced or Vote Held||Wildflower Volunteer Brunch|
|Chosen Design Developed||May 15th|
|T-Shirt Designed||May 15th|
|Images for Publication||May 15th|
|Clothing Orders Closed & Numbers Provided||July 1|
|Jersey & T-Shirt Orders Placed (50% Deposit)||July 5|
|Patch Designed & Ordered||July 15|
|Jersey & T-Shirt Delivery Deadline||By September 6|
|Deliver Jerseys and T-Shirts to Bagging||By September 6|
|Bring Patches and Old Lighthouse Clothing to Lighthouse||Lighthouse Clothing Sales|
Bob Tuman, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Function as the SLOBC insurance liaison and administrator of the club's insurance policies
- Administer the "Errors and Omissions" or "Directors and Officers" (D &O) policy that provides financial protection for the Board and it's members as well as the Club. Renew the policy each year.
- Administer the liability and medical policy that covers Club members and riders on Club sponsored rides. Renew the policy each year.
- Obtain other Certificates on request as needed.
- Obtain insurance certificates for the Wildflower and Lighthouse Centuries to cover the other agencies and businesses involved in putting on the rides
- Provided the certificates to the appropriate contact person at each agency as directed by the Permits Captain
Welcome members and guests coming to club meetings.
- Arrive 30 minutes before the meeting (typically 6:30 PM)
- Receive package of pens and name-tags from the President and set up a table at the entrance
- Hand out name-tags to the members as they arrive
- Give new members and visitors different colored name-tags
- Introduce new members and guests to other members during the social period
Meeting Refreshments Coordinator
Kathy Cohon, Email: email@example.com
Provide coffee and refreshments at club meetings.
- Setup one table for refreshments brought by volunteers with napkins and plates
- Setup one table for coffee service with electrical for heating the readied coffee (bringing two crates, two pots, an urn of coffee, and one of hot water)
- Solicit for refreshment volunteers at each meeting as needed using clipboard
- Keeping a list of those who volunteer to bring food and call them before the meeting
- Clean up after the meeting and put everything away
Open, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Provide information about the SLOBC at Farmers Markets.
- Get table and materials from the storage
- Setup table at a farmers market once each month
- Provide information on the club and answer questions
- Breakdown setup and return tables and materials to storage
Ken Price, Email: email@example.com
Clean the adopted section of Ontario Road from Johnson Ranch to San Luis Bay Drive.
- Coordinate with county highway agency
- Publish and announce work sessions to recruit workers
- Bring safety vests, bags and coffee and snacks to the start
- Arrive at 8:30 AM on the day specified at the Johnson Ranch parking area
- Bring gloves, shovels, rakes, and brooms
- Pickup and bag trash
Open, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Provide as part of both Bike Month in May and Rideshare in October, a breakfast for those riding their bikes to work. Our Bike Breakfasts have a reputation for friendly hosts and great food.
- Plan menu and purchase materials and food
- Get equipment and materials from storage
- Setup at 6:30 AM at the South end of the Morro Street bike boulevard
- Serve breakfast from 7:00 to 9:00 AM
- Breakdown setup and return tables and materials to storage
Gail Davis & Gail Vanderlinde, Email: email@example.com
Spread "sunshine" to club members and their families when they are injured or ill.
- Send bicycle cards or Cheery cards
- Send flowers or plants.
- Sometimes make up gift certificates for a person who loves movies, or books or tea or a restaurant.
- May send money to Hospice or other organization of the person's choice.